17 JAN 2023 CURRENT AFFAIRS SPARDHA VIJETHA CURRENT AFFAIRS CURRENT AFFAIRS IN KANNADA
Current Affairs 17th January 2023 are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for banking or other competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs is the complete bag of important news that is held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc. So, here is the GK update for 17th January 2023 to help you prepare the Current affairs part. After reading this section, you can successfully attempt Current Affairs Quiz.
Here is the Current Affairs 17th January 2023 covering the following news headlines: National Startup Day 2023, Viacom18, Shukrayaan I, VARUNA Naval Exercise, Barcelona, Shah Rukh Khan.
Top 17 Daily Current Affairs: National & International News:
Here is providing below the top 17 important Daily General Knowledge 2022 updates with national & international news.
Spardha vijetha january 2023 magazine pdf download
1. PM Modi Shared Glimpse of ‘Your Exam, Your Methods-Choose Your Own Style’
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi shared snippets titled “Your Exam, Your Methods-Choose Your Own Style” from the Exam Warriors Book and has urged students to share how they prepare for exams.
- PM Modi in his message shared that in the book Exam Warriors, one mantra is “Your Exam, Your Methods-Choose Your Own Style”.
- He also urged all the students to share their interesting experiences while preparing for the exams. The Prime Minister has shared that it will surely motivate Exam Warriors. Exam Warriors is a book published by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in 2018.
- Exam Warriors is written especially for young students to help them deal with the stress of exams. Exam Warriors is also translated into Kannada by Sahitya Panchanan P.K. Narayana Pillai, Hubballi, and is distributed to all government schools in India. It is also published in Braille version which was launched by Narendra Modi on World Braille Day.
2. Republic Day Celebrations 2023 begins in New Delhi
- As part of the Republic Day celebrations 2023 and to mark the 126th birth anniversary of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose (celebrated as Parakram Diwas), the Military Tattoo & Tribal Dance performances are being showcased under the banner Adi- Shaurya: Parv Parakram ka in Jawahar Lal Nehru Stadium in New Delhi on 23-24 January 2023.
- Themed as Military Tattoo & Tribal Dance, this event is aimed at throwing light on the contribution of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose to our freedom struggle. The Ministry of Defence and Ministry of Tribal Affairs are jointly organising the event, with Indian Coast Guard being the coordinating agency.
- India has invited Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi as the chief guest for the Republic Day in 2023, reflecting New Delhi’s continuing focus on the Arab world as it prepares for a year of high-profile diplomatic engagements.
Spardha vijetha current affairs book pdf download
3. UN Declares Pakistan Based Abdul Rehman Makki a Global Terrorist
- The United Nations Security Council (UNSC) has listed Pakistan-based terrorist Abdul Rehman Makki as a global terrorist. Makki is the brother-in-law of Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) chief and 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed.
- The development comes after India last year slammed China after it blocked the proposal to list Makki under the Sanctions Committee. Makki, who has been involved in raising funds, recruiting, and radicalizing the youth to plan attacks in India, especially in Jammu and Kashmir, has already been listed as a terrorist by India and the United States. Makki has been in various leadership roles within the terrorist organisation.
- The UN Security Council’s 1267 Al Qaeda Sanctions Committee added 68-year-old Makki, the brother-in-law of JUD/LeT Chief Hafiz Muhammad Saeed, to its list of designated terrorists after China withdrew its hold on a joint proposal by India and the US.
4. China’s Population Shrinks for the First Time Since 1961
- China’s population fell last year for the first time in six decades, a historic turn that is expected to mark the start of a long period of decline in its citizen numbers with profound implications for its economy.
- The drop, the worst since the Great Famine of 1961, also lends weight to predictions that India will become the world’s most populous nation in this year. The population dropped by roughly 850,000 to 1.41175 billion at the end of 2022.
- Long-term, UN experts see China’s population shrinking by 109 million by 2050, more than triple the decline of their previous forecast in 2019. Last year’s birth rate was 6.77 births per 1000 people, down from a rate of 7.52 births in 2021 and marking the lowest birth rate on record. The figures also logged the highest death rate since 1974, registering 7.37 deaths per 1000 people compared with a rate of 7.18 deaths in 2021.
Monthly current affairs kannada book pdf download
5. Warehousing Development Regulatory Authority Signed MoU with SBI
- Warehousing Development Regulatory Authority (WDRA) has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the State Bank of India to help farmers in getting low-interest-rate loans.
- The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed to promote awareness about the new loan product called ‘Produce Marketing Loan’ to exclusively fund against e-NWRs (electronic Negotiable Warehouse Receipt).
- It has the potential to make a significant impact on the finances of rural depositors by preventing distressed sales and releasing better prices for the produce.
- Combined with the inherent security and negotiability of the e-NWR system, the ‘Produce Marketing Loan’ will aim in improving rural liquidity and increasing farmers’ income.
- The Food and Consumer Affairs ministry informed that a conference on “Digital financing against e-Negotiable Warehouse Receipts and way forward” was held at NABARD Head Office in Mumbai.
- The purpose of the conference was to interact with bankers to increase post-harvest pledge finance against e-NWRs issued by warehouses registered by WDRA and evolve mechanisms that would improve the ease of doing business.
Chanakyaloka current affairs
6. States’ Gross Fiscal Deficit Set to Fall in 2022-23, Says RBI
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) said that the finances of Indian states are projected to improve in 2022-23 with the consolidated gross fiscal deficit to gross domestic product ratio seen falling to 3.4 percent from 4.1 percent for the previous year.
- The fiscal health of the states has improved from a sharp pandemic-induced deterioration in 2020-21 on the back of a broad-based economic recovery and resulting high revenue collections. During the pandemic years, states’ finances were under pressure due to rising expenditures and limited revenue growth.
- The debt of the States is expected to ease from 31.1 percent of GDP in 2020–21 to 29.5 percent in 2022–23, although it is still more than the 20 percent suggested by the Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Review Committee in 2018.
7. 21st VARUNA Naval Exercise between India and France begins
- According to the Ministry of Defence, the 21st edition of “Varuna” the bilateral naval exercise between India and France commenced on the western seaboard.
- This edition of the exercise will witness participation of indigenous guided missile stealth destroyer INS Chennai, guided missile frigate INS Teg, maritime patrol aircraft P-8I and Dornier, integral helicopters and MiG29K fighter aircraft.
- The French Navy will be represented by the aircraft carrier Charles De Gaulle, frigates FS Forbin and Provence, support vessel FS Marne and maritime patrol aircraft Atlantique. The exercise will be conducted over five days from 16 to 20 January 2023 and will witness advanced air defence exercises, tactical manoeuvres, surface firings, underway replenishment and other maritime operations.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- France Capital: Paris;
- France President: Emmanuel Macron;
- France Prime minister: Élisabeth Borne.
Ranks and Reports News
8. World’s richest actor list, Shah Rukh Khan beats Tom Cruise
- Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan with his more than three decades of work in the film industry has garnered millions of fans all over the world and an estimated net worth of ₹627 million ($770 million), making him the richest actor in Asia and fourth richest actor all over the world.
- Beating fellow immensely famous and cult actors like Tom Cruise, Jackie Chan, and George Clooney, Shah Rukh Khan took the fourth position in the list of eight richest actors of the world released by World of Statistics.
Richest actors in the world:
- Jerry Seinfeld (US): $1 Billion
- Tyler Perry (US): $1 Billion
- Dwayne Johnson (US): $800 million
- Shah Rukh Khan (Indian): $770 million
- Tom Cruise (US): $620 million
- Jackie Chan (Hong Kong): $520 million
- George Clooney (US): $500 million
- Robert De Niro (US): $500 million
Spardha vijetha magazine book pdf download
Summits and Conferences News
9. B20 India Inception Meeting to be Held in Gandhinagar from January
- The first 15 meetings of the Business 20 (B20) India Inception Meeting will be held in Gandhinagar from January 22nd to 24th, 2023. The Gujarat Government to host a dinner for G20 delegates followed by a delegation visiting the Dandi Kutir. India has been assumed as the G20 under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The nation aspires to play an important role on the world stage by finding practical global solutions for the welfare of all. The G20 chairman for India is a historic event as it comes while celebrating the ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’.
- The 18th G20 Summit will be held in September 2023.
- Gujarat will be a part of this historic event and has prepared itself to complete facilities to conduct discussions, consultations, and meetings.
- The first 15 meetings to be held in Gujarat in the B20 India Inception Meeting.
Science and Technology News
10. ISRO ‘Shukrayaan I’ mission to planet Venus reportedly shifted to 2031
- P. Sreekumar, the Satish Dhawan Professor at the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and advisor to its space science programme, stated that the organisation has not yet received approval from the Indian government for the Venus mission and that, as a result, the mission may be delayed until 2031.
- Shukrayaan I, the ISRO Venus mission, was scheduled to launch in December 2024. The concept was conceived in 2012; five years later, after the Department of Space got a 23% increase in the 2017–2018 budget, ISRO started preliminary investigations. In April 2017, the organisation requested payload proposals from research institutions.
- The VERITAS and EnVision missions of the American and European space agencies, respectively, both have Venus missions scheduled for 2031, but “China might go anytime: 2026, 2027, whenever they want to go.”
Important Takeaways for All Competitive Exams:
- ISRO Chairman: S. Somanath;
- ISRO’s foundation Date: 15th August, 1969;
- ISRO’s Founder: Dr. Vikram Sarabhai.
Husenappa nayak book pdf download
11. Barcelona beats Real Madrid in Spanish Super Cup final 2023
- Barcelona have won the Spanish Super Cup for the first time since the competition was revamped and moved to Saudi Arabia with a 3-1 victory over Real Madrid.
- Robert Lewandowski, Gavi and Pedri scored a goal each at King Fahd Stadium in Riyadh to give Barcelona its first Super Cup trophy since 2018, and the first since the tournament’s Final-Four format began in 2020 in a lucrative deal for the Spanish football federation.
- It was also Barcelona’s first title since former player Xavi took over as the team’s coach in 2021, and since Lionel Messi left for Paris Saint-Germain. Barcelona have now won the Super Cup a record 14 times. Madrid have 12 to their name.
12. Akane Yamaguchi & Viktor Axelsen win Malaysia Open women’s, men’s singles crowns
- Akane Yamaguchi and Viktor Axelsen won the Malaysia Open Super 1000 women’s and men’s singles titles in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Yamaguchi, the reigning world champion, registered a come-from-behind win over world no. 4 An Se Young to clinch the Super Series Premier title. Yamaguchi won her maiden Super Series Premier title at the China Open in 2017.
- The men’s singles final saw a repeat of last month’s World Tour Finals. Axelsen, the regaining Olympic and world champion, won the Malaysia Open title in straight games, beating Japanese youngster Kodai Naraoka in 40 minutes. This was Axelsen’s ninth Super Series Premier title and third Malaysia Open crown.
- China’s Chen Qingchen-Jia Yifan, the world no. 1 pairing in women’s doubles, blew away South Korea’s Baek Hana-Lee Yulim 21-16, 21-10 in 52 minutes.
- In mixed doubles, the world no. 1 pairing of Zheng Siwei-Huang Yaqiong, carrying on their last season’s dominating display, claimed the season’s first Super Series Premier title.
13. Viacom18 bagged Women’s IPL media rights for Rs 951 cr for next 5 years
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has announced that Viacom 18 have grabbed the media rights for the upcoming Women’s IPL for a whopping Rs 951 crore for five years, pipping other bidders, including Disney Star and Sony, in the auction. The auction for the T20 League was conducted by the cricket board in Mumbai.
- The global rights comprise three categories linear (TV), digital and combined (TV and digital). In the men’s IPL, separate rights are sold across regions. The inaugural Women’s IPL is likely to begin in the first week of March. Five teams will compete and all the matches will be held in Mumbai.
- Viacom18 had won the IPL digital rights for Rs 23,758 crore while Disney Star had retained the TV rights for Rs 23,575 crore for a five-year period starting 2023 during a three-day auction held in June, 2022.
MEDIA RIGHTS PITCH: Women’s versus Men’s IPL
- WIPL media rights for 2023-27: Rs 951 crore; Per-match value: Rs 7.09 crore
- Men’s IPL media rights for 2023-27: Rs 48,390 crore (Disney Star/Viacom18); per-match value: Rs 118 crore
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- BCCI President: Roger Binny;
- BCCI Headquarters: Mumbai;
- BCCI Founded: December 1928.
14. National Startup Day 2023: Significance and History
- 16th January, the founding day of Startup India is commemmorated as the National Startup Day. The event is being celebrated since 2022. Prime Minister Narendra Modi made the announceent last year by calling startups as backbone of new India.
- The Central government has planned several events this year to celebrate the National startup day across the country as the part of the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav. To celebrate the spirit of Indian startup ecosystem and mark this momentous day, DPIIT (Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade) is organising Startup India Innovation Week from 10th – 16th January 2023.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi had announced the adoption of National Startup Day on January 16 last year. The same year India celebrated the first National Startup Day. The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade had also planned to organise a felicitation ceremony for the winners of the National Startup Awards 2022.
Techstar kannada YouTube channel
15. Italian film legend Gina Lollobrigida passes away at age 95
- Italian film legend Gina Lollobrigida, the diva who came to represent Italy’s vibrant rebirth after World War Two during the 1950s has passed away at the age of 95. She was dubbed as “the most beautiful woman in the world” after the title of one of her movies.
- Born to a working class family in a poor mountainous area east of Rome, she studied sculpture then got her break in the film world after finishing third in the 1947 Miss Italia beauty contest. (The winner that year was Lucia Bose.)
16. Mukarram Jah Bahadur, Hyderabad’s Last Nizam passes away
- The last Nizam of Hyderabad, Mukarram Jah Bahadur, who passed away on Saturday night in Turkey, will be buried in the family vault in the Mecca Masjid courtyard. The preparation of the vault where other members of the Nizam’s family who governed Hyderabad starting in 1724 are buried was overseen by representatives of the Nizam Trust.
- Two of the most renowned dynasties in the Muslim world were connected to Mukarram Jah, also known by his title Nawab Mir Barket Ali Khan Walashan Mukarram Jah Bahadur.
- Durrushehvar, his mother, was the lone child of Abdul Majid, the final Caliph of Islam who was exiled by Mustafa Kemal Ataturk when the Caliphate was abolished.
Cet fighters youtube channel kannada
17. Ministry of Environment Included Neelakurinji on the List of Protected Plants
- The Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF) has listed Neelakurinji under Schedule III of the Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972, including it on the list of protected plants. Neelakurinji has been included in the list after the Center increased the earlier protected list of six plant species to 19.
- As per the order, those uprooting or destroying the plant will be fined Rs 25,000 and imprisoned for three years, furthermore, cultivation and possession of Neelakurinji are not permitted.
- Neelakurinji is a shrub found in the Western Ghats in the Shola forests in the Southern part of India. It is peculiar that it blooms only once in twelve years. It has also given the name Nilgiris to the mountains of the region owing to its blue color. Neelakurinji usually grows at an elevation of 1300 – 2400 m and a height between 30 – 60 cm.
Important Current Affairs of 17th January 2023
Get all the International, National, Sports, Economy, latest schemes and appointments current affairs updates with Adda247 Headlines of the day. Adda247 headlines of the day brings you the best accumulation of the daily updates. Stay updated with us!